So last night, Germ had his first real traumatic experience. Although we play with him non-stop, and he's obsessed with you scratching his belly, somehow we missed this GINORMOUS tick that decided to burrow into him. So as usual, I'm playin on the floor with him and he rolls over and I picked at this thing that I thought was lint. And then it started moving! Now, I've had a tick in my own leg, but I never got to see it cause it was on the back so I had no idea what it would look like. And I had no idea that they could get as big as this one was! So I call Taft down to the floor and we start examining. By this point, Germ knew something was up and didn't want to hold still. I swear the tick's body was about the width of the bottom of my pinky nail. After about an hour, some hog tying style holds, alot of soothing and yelping, some tears (mostly mine, I know I'm a pansie), tweezers and a knife, and resorting to feeding him dog treats as fast as he could eat them, Taft finally got the tick out. Unfortunately the tick had been in there long enough that his head was burrowed in and not wanting to move so it broke off, which led to the knife and yelping and hog tying. But bless his little heart after a few panicked hides under the bed, Germ forgave us and was cuddling with us again. I swear this family just has bad luck when it comes to ticks. And he even wears a flea and tick collar!
1 comment:
ARGGG! I would have been freaking out! Did you freak out? And about the TP thing... It must be a Johnson things because Germ's cousin loves to do that too! Love you guys!
Post a Comment