Monday, February 1, 2010

He's baaaaaack!

My Taffy is finally back! Of course the day he flew in, the base and flight line were shut down because of the crazy ice/snow storm we were getting. But all the high up people I talked to said there would be one flight landing, and luckily that was his flight. So I go to the terminal to get him, and surprise! No plane had landed and none were coming. After going through a total round-about way because the PAX people were no help, I found out they ended up having to land at the Hahn and were going to be bussed back. Of course with everything else that had gone wrong during the deployment, his coming home couldn't have just happened normally! I had a friend with me whose husband was also coming home, but he was surprising her. I had to keep coming up with lies about who we were getting and why they weren't there yet and why I couldn't just take her home. It was really fun when Taft and Cash were calling me, while I was with her, asking what I was doing. Luckily I'm amazing at coming up with stuff quick! Anyway, a few hours later, I finally got to get him, safe and sound and nasty pedophile-mustache free. It's soooo good to have him home. Especially since now he can finally be part of this whole we're having a baby business. The first time he felt Parker move was classic. I love it! And I love how he's always talking to my belly and everything. Deployments suck, but I wouldn't trade the experiences we both had because of it for anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smiles!