Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good News Minute

Apparently, not being able to sleep means a great opportunity to update your blog! For those who haven't heard yet, I'd thought I'd give a quick "good news minute" like in Relief Society about everything that's happened lately.

Taft won Airman of the Quarter and goes up for Airman of the Group on Wednesday. If he makes it all the way to Airman of the Air Force, they fly us to Washington DC. Let's hope he does so we can get a cheap trip home! Taft will also be changing jobs after he gets back from his TDY in Spain. He'll now be a mechanic on the fuel trucks instead of pumping the fuel. We're both really excited about it.

I've FINALLY started working! I have about 12 piano students and two ballet students. It's so nice to have something to do. It makes the days go by so stinkin fast! I had an interview on base a few days ago for a desk job and mentioned that I taught piano out of my home. The lady got so excited because the piano teacher the currently have just finished her last week of teaching because she's having a baby any day. During my interview, the teacher just happened to stop by so I had my interview with her as well. Hopefully soon I'll be teaching piano and violin on base!

Germ is...Germ. He has the flu or something right now and just curls up with you and sleeps all day. I've cleaned up enough throw up to last me a few years. Atleast he's smart and will jump off the couch or the bed and run to the wood or tile floor before he throws up. He HATES taking his medicine and looks at you with the saddest face when he sees you getting it ready and makes me feel so guilty! I swear he's just like a little kid! I love the calm, quiet, cuddly puppy he is right now, but I wish he wasn't like that because he's sick.

It's been so amazing to have everything just keep falling into place for us. We've truly been blessed and looked out for since we've moved over here. Whenever we hit a rough patch, it's like things just magically fall into place to fix the situation. Hopefully that keeps happening until we can finally come home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are going great for you guys! Both of you totally deserve it. Even if it means Taft leaves for a while. Are you going to be okay? You could always hop a flight back home for a couple of weeks with Germ. Taft would never know!! :o) We are so proud of you and Porter talks all the time about Uncle Ta. We are working on Carrie....

FilmFreak said...

You don't know me, but I'm Taft's cousin Ashley from CA, his Uncle Bubba's daughter. I just found the Johnson Family blog burried down in my e-mail.

Anyways welcome to the family (almost a year late). I'm glad you and Taft are doing so well, Germ is a cutie.