Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One More Reason I Hate LRMC

Wanna know the worst possible thing your doctor can tell you when you go in for your 12 week ultrasound? "Are you sure you're pregnant?" No, I just passed like 4 blood tests and 3 pee tests done by YOUR LAB! And besides all the hormones and deathly all day morning sickness and birthing hips and baby bump I've been hiding, you know I thought maybe I was just getting fat and had the flu? Idiot. But really baby was just hiding and being sneaky and wanted to give mom a slight heart attack before revealing itself.

Oh and for those of you who don't know, not that there's very many people that read this, Baby #2 is due at the end of August. See we like to time it so our babies come at the worst possible times. We found out we were pregnant with Parker a week before Taft deployed. His original due date was during lots of testing and TDYs for Taft. Luckily he came early. But Taft missed all those fun baby firsts- ultrasounds, hormones, growing baby belly, feeling it kick, finding out the sex, all that. But he was there for the delivery. So you'd think we'd be smarter with the second one. Nope! Taft goes to Korea in May, and will hopefully get to come home around Christmas for a few weeks. At least he got to be there for an ultrasound this morning!

Regardless of the timing, we're super excited for this little dude/dudette to be a part of our family.


1 comment:

Ali said...

We are so excited for you guys!