I love my parents. They are two truly amazing people. They put their lives on hold for the last 6 weeks to be with me and Parker in Germany. I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through the last two months without their help since Taft is in the States for schooling. I'm pretty sure Parker misses them more than I do, especially Grandpa. They were backseat buddies in the car. I didn't realize how much my Dad was doing until I drove home from base the other day and Parker screamed the whole way home. There was no one back there to comfort him and make him better for me. My mom was amazing to come take him after he ate so I could go back to sleep. I don't think I cooked, cleaned, did laundry or dishes the whole time they were here. My Dad even helped with Balou a few times, which is HUGE. But most importantly, they've given me such wonderful examples of what kind of parent I want to be. I know I totally took advantage of them and their examples in High School, and I really regret it. They are the most selfless people. Back in the day when I was totally bedridden, I remember being in alot of pain one night and I just couldn't sleep. At the time my Dad was still teaching Jr. High. He came into my room and sat on my bed with me and read Fantastic Mr. Fox till I fell asleep. We got through just about the whole book. He stayed up with me all night, and went to teach school the next morning. He never said anything to me about needing to go to bed, he just wanted to do what he could to take care of me. Of course that means so much more to me now that I'm older and understand it. Even though my Mom is miserably sick and in pain all the time now, she made sure to do everything for me while she was here. I don't remember how to do anything on my own now! I hope I'll be able to be half the parent to Parker as they have been to me. I wish we didn't live so stinkin far away cause I sure miss my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment