Friday, March 18, 2011

The Plan So Far

We are finally about to leave Germany, and I cannot wait. We've had some great experiences over here and met some amazing people, but I am soooooooooo done with being here. Within the next year, my family will have lived in 4 different countries. Well, that is if they don't cancel his orders to Korea with all the craziness in Japan right now. I really hope that doesn't happen or else I have no idea what's in store for our family.

First Taft will head to South Korea, right by the DMZ. Awesome, right? Especially since Korea is retarded right now and trying to start a war.
While Taft is enjoying war games, exercises, jerkied squid, kimchi, and glorious knock of Coach/Gucci/etc items, I get to go back to the good ol' USA. Bring it on fountain drinks and Walmart and Cafe Rio and all the amazingness of state side life that I've missed, like being able to speak the same language as everyone around me! The biggest downside, other than being apart for a year, is that Taft will miss the birth of baby #2. But that's life in the military and I'm trying to make the best of a crappy situation. Luckily me and Parker will have lots of family around!
Eventually, we will end up in Anchorage, Alaska. Yes, I know it's not really it's own country, but it's far enough away, we're just going to pretend like it is. We have yet to hear anything bad about the base we're headed to, other than frequent wildlife attacks and long cold winters. But I'm so excited to go! I'm very ready for a scene of changery (thank you Melissa) and to start a new adventure.

No comments: