Friday, March 18, 2011

Snip Snip


Parker was finally old enough to get himself a peeper make over. He was too premature to get circumcised when he was born, and you have to wait till their a year to do it after since they get put under. I'm pretty sure it was WAY more traumatic for me and Taft than it was for him. And let the record show, that I take full responsibility for any repercussions caused by doing this to Parker. Taft didn't see the point in doing it.

We had to be at Landstuhl bright and early. P was such a trooper and was so excited to see all the cool new stuff around him. Little did he know what was about to happen...
A guy in our ward is a CRNA and we asked if he could do the anesthesia if he was working that day. He talked with us alot about what was going to be done to P and all that fun stuff that makes you doubt your decision. He ended up coming in on his day off so he could be there, to which I was SO grateful. He gave Parker a mask to try and get him used to it. It didn't work, although he did love chewing on it. Luckily they left Taft go back with him and it took three of them pinning him down to get the mask on. Poor lil man!

He was just a LITTLE bit stoned afterwards, and thought everything was hilarious, especially his foot on the side of the crib. The staff was amazed at how well he came out of it and how happy and calm he was. What can I say, my kid is pretty much the shiz.

Best picture of the day! We were on our way home, P was still pretty out of it, and he just kept looking at me like "what the crap did you guys to do me?!" The recovery has been alot easier than I thought. We kept him drugged the first 24 hours, but since then he's been fine. He has his moments, like when Mom accidentally drops his sippy on him- oops!, and he's not too happy, but he's been super snuggly which I love!

No comments: